You knew the apricot costs, the apricot dry jam of apricots, juice of apricot, compote of apricots or tagines with apricots. But did you know the apricot kernel extracts? The Chinese, who have been cultivating apricot for over 2,000 years, have first discovered the medicinal and culinary benefits of this little bitter almond sheltered behind a thick pod. If the flesh of the apricot is rich in nutrients and vitamins, it would seem that the nucleus has nothing to envy him.
Some civilizations use the apricot kernel extracts for a very long time if not always and even uses it as a currency of exchange, their wealth sometimes assessed in apricot kernels. It is interesting to note that today there are people whose cancer is non-existent.
The Abkhasians, Azerbaijani, Hunzukut, Eskimo and Karakorum inhabitants all feed on products rich in nitriloside or vitamin B17, which, for example, contain very large quantities of apricot kernel.
Apricot core, good for health
Apricot kernel: what is the main health benefit?
- In fact, it will be difficult to say whether the kernel of the apricot kernel is beneficial to health.
- Some writings advocate a severe warning against the ingestion of many apricot kernels by claiming that they contain toxic hydrogen cyanide at certain even minimal doses.
- Other writings contradict these assertions on the pretext that hydrogen cyanide attacks only diseased cells and never healthy cells.
- On the other hand, certain categories of apricots would contain nuclei of which the almonds would be devoid of cyanide.
- For having consumed about 10 nuclei of apricots a day for a few weeks, we have noticed anything abnormal on the physiological level.
Remember the grandmother’s apricot jam recipes where it was advisable to add a handful of bitter almonds from the core of the fruit when cooking, not to be removed during potting. You ate them and what do you think of them today?
Nevertheless, rest assured that there is still no scientific evidence that vitamin B17 is harmful – except of course if you accidentally crush under a palette of apricots! Apart from vitamin B17 and its anti cancer action, what are the other health benefits of the apricot kernel?
It is very likely that the apricot kernel is detoxifying since it would only target diseased cells.
The vegetable oil of apricot kernels is obtained by cold pressing of the nuclei contained in the apricot. Long known as the “plum tree of Armenia” because of its botanical name (prunus armeniaca) the apricot tree originally originated from the high mountainous regions of Central Asia. Today, the largest production of apricots is in the Mediterranean countries. The vegetable oil of apricot kernels is used on all skin types, and can replace sweet almond oil.
- Polyunsaturated essential fatty acids 30%
- Monounsaturated fatty acids: 62%
- Saturated fatty acids: 5%
- Rich in vitamin A, E and F
Appearance and peculiarities:
- Appearance: Liquid and oily, very well absorbed by the skin
- Colour: Pale yellow to orange
- Odour: Nuts and almonds, very light
- Storage conditions: Keep away from heat, air and light.
- Properties: Anti-wrinkle, anti-oxidant, regenerating, toning, softening, moisturizing, softening, UV protection, anti-inflammatory
INTERNAL WELL-BEING: The vegetable oil of apricot kernels is not used internally. Do not swallow.
EXTERNAL WELLNESS CARE: Vitamin A in the vegetable oil of apricot kernels extracts gives a good appearance to the skin, but it is also an excellent antioxidant. The vegetable oil of apricot kernels also protects the skin from light radiation. Regenerating and anti-dehydrating, vegetable oil of apricot kernels improves micro-circulation and thus helps to delay skin aging. Finally, vegetable oil of apricot kernels, thanks to its anti-inflammatory virtues, is appreciated for its calming action on burns such as sunburn.
It is recommended to perform a test on a small part of the skin before using the vegetable oil of apricot kernels. If in doubt, ask your doctor for advice. Do not swallow. The vegetable oil of apricot kernels can be used undiluted.
To improve its penetration into the skin, mix the vegetable oil of apricot kernels with Macadamia or Hazelnut oil. The vegetable oil of apricot kernels is also married with essential oils: prefer those with warm and flowery fragrances like the essential oil of Ylang-ylang. The vegetable oil of apricot kernels is so soft that it is also used for the eye contour.