Osthole is a constituent isolated from the fruit of Cnidium monnieri (L.) Cusson. Its extract is used as a Chinese medicine which has been used to treat anti-inflammation, anti-osteoporosis, analgesic, anti-lipedemic and anti-tumor for many years.
Main functions and benefits of Cnidium monnieri Osthole fruit extract powder
- With the tonic effect on male impotence, there is a great effect to treat impotence, osthole can increase sperm secretion, stimulate sexual desire and has aphrodisiac action.
- Osthole can warm the kidney and relieve asthma.
- With the role of anti-Trichomonas, there is a great osthole effect for common gynecological diseases in women.
- Osthole dust can dry moisture and kill worms as well as expel cold and wind.
- For the treatment of acute exudative skin diseases.
- Osthole powder has the effect of antiarrhythmic.
The applications of Fructus Cnidii Osthole Extract
- Applied in the field of food, fructus extract Cnidii osthole is mainly used as natural food additives for pigment;
- As daily chemical raw material use, Cnidium monnieri fruit powder osthole extract is used in green and cosmetic toothpaste;
- As the medicine of anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antioxidant drug, Cnidium monnieri osthole fruit extract is widely used as raw material in the field of medicine and health.
- Cnidium monnieri osthole fruit extract can be used in products for health care and supplement field.
Uses and Scientific Evidence
Today Cnidium seeds are the most commonly used to treat itchy skin, rashes, acne, eczema and ringworm, usually in the genital area. Its seeds are consumed to increase sexual potency and deal with vaginal discharges. It is often combined with other herb extracts to treat impotency and infertility.
The Chinese still use seeds as an aphrodisiac, and animal studies indicate that it can improve bone strength.
Cnidium monnieri, naturally, increases the release of nitric oxide, which powerfully increases the production of cGMP. Cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP) is the key to obtaining and maintaining a powerful erection. It relaxes the muslces surrounding Penis, making it possible for the cells preent in Penis to take the blood, thus allowing you to enjoy an adequate erection. It is not a fact of knowledge, but the woman’s clitoris contains the same erectile tissue as the male penis. Without adequate blood flow to the clitoris, the woman’s sexual experience can and is greatly diminished.
Research conducted by the School of Pharmacy at the University of Shenyang in 2004 found the following: Cnidium monnieri extracts may have potential activity against osteoporosis, and its chloroform fraction may contain active ingredients that stimulate osteoblasts.
The Department of Pharmacognosy of the Faculty of Pharmacy of the Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China, in 2007 made an investigation on the chemical substances of the Cnidium and found the following: Successful isolation of antiosteoporotic components has taken place, that is to say, osthole, imperatorin and bergapteno. Among them, osthole was determined as the main compound that possesses anti osteoporotic activity.
Cnidium has been an active ingredient in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) for thousands of years, often for skin conditions. It is not surprising that cnidium is a common ingredient in Chinese lotions, creams and ointments.
People take oral cnidium to increase sexual performance and libido and to treat erectile dysfunction (ED). Osthol extract is highly useful for bodybuilding, cancer, weak bones (osteoporosis) and fungal and bacterial infections. Some people also take to increase energy.
Cnidium is applied directly to the skin, itching, rashes, eczema and ringworm.