Valerian plants are found in Europe and some parts of Asia. It is also grown in North America. It is a herbal plant and its roots work like a medicine to cure many severe ailments. Including herbal medicine in the diet plan has been in customs for ages. The ancestors were familiar with such herbs and used them to treat the sick and diseased people with the help of such herbs. It is not only used for medication but also flavoring in foods and beverages.
Valerian is mostly used as sedatives to cure insomnia. It is highly effective on the brain and nervous system. It is combined with other herbs which give a soothing effect and cause drowsiness. The herbal medicines work like magic and give you instant relief from unbearable pain and suffering. The scientists continue their research on these important herbs and keep updating the common man about their benefits. It is scientifically proven that valerian extract gives benefit in many kinds of diseases which create unbelievable disturbances in the life of a man.
The benefits of including Valerian extract in the diet plan are:
- Insomnia and anxiety: The valerian extract is very effective in giving relaxation to the body, cures anxiety, and induces sleep which further removes tiredness and fatigue from the body. It is quite effective for people who suffer due to insomnia and remain tired the entire day. Not getting proper sleep at night develops more diseases in the body.
- Menstrual cramps: This is a very common problem for ladies who experience unbearable pain in their lower abdomen and thighs during the menstrual cycle. The valerian extract gives relief in the cramps and provides instant relief from the menstrual cramps if a proper and consistent dose is being taken.
- Stress and depression: There can be many reasons for developing stress and depression in human beings. Herbal medicine is always effective in relaxing the body when one undergoes a severe problem of stress and depression. It calms down the hormones which develop stress and depression in the human body and changes the mood. Its application is soothing due to its aroma which is soothing to the brain.
- Muscle and joint pains: it is a very common problem irrespective of age, gender, and country. Due to hectic life schedules, people do not take out time for exercise and yoga. It is also possible due to improper habits of eating. Thus, they develop the severe problem of muscle and joint pain leading to knee replacement and other kinds of surgery. The valerian extract helps people suffering from joint pains and muscular pains.
- Symptoms of menopause: The herbal valerian plant is quite effective in menstrual cramps and treats the problem which occurs at the time of menopause. During menopause, many women face problems of developing instant changes in their moods. The intake of valerian extract gives relief and transforms mood.
- Indigestion: Indigestion is a very common problem faced by many people, the moment they eat something wrong and the food which does not have fiber in it. The problem of indigestion can have many reasons but the herbal medicine extracted from the valerian plant treats the patient-facing troubles due to indigestion. The decoction of its extract is quite effective and gives instant relief to the problem.
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD): This is a kind of disorder that leads to severe changes in behavior and cognition. It is difficult to handle such kinds of people as they create a lot of disturbance in the activity going on to attract the attention of others. The valerian extract is quite effective in such cases and gradually cures the patient suffering from ADHD. Its mild aroma transforms the mood and brings tranquillity to the behavior.
The extract of the Valerian plant is very effective if consumed in a proportionate quantity. Excess of everything is bad and it is also important to keep patience when such herbal medicines are included in the diet plan. Instead of taking chemical drugs which develop many other problems due to their prolonged consumption, it is better to go for herbal medicines which uproot the problem from the body.