A cranberry Vaccinium Macrocarpon falls under the category of a superfood because it includes several nutrients and antibiotics. Various products are available on the market to choose from. It can deal with various health diseases such as cancer, urine infections, stomach infections, heart disease, and diabetes. Usually, it is suggested for urinary tract infections.
According to studies, Cranberry Extract can help women with UTI problems, but it is not helpful to people with neurogenic bladder (a condition caused due to injury in the spinal cord). However, it’s also not sure that it prevents UTI in every person, so always take these herbs after consulting with a doctor or pharmacist.
How to Use It?
There is nothing complex in taking cranberries; if you are taking the chewable of this product, then you must chew it properly before swallowing. On the other hand, if you take the liquid form of cranberries, you can simply drink the prescribed quantity.
Before consuming any product made with cranberries, read the directions and warnings given on the package. However, do not hesitate to ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.
Taking these herbs can have several side effects, so if you feel symptoms of the urinary tract, infection, fever, pain, or frequent urination, immediately talk to the doctor. The doctor will suggest antibiotics or some medicines to help you overcome such infections. However, do not ignore these symptoms because, if not treated on time, they may cause serious conditions.
What Precautions Should You Take Before Consuming Cranberries?
- Allergy: If you are suffering from any kind of allergy, then it is essential t tells to your doctor before taking cranberries. This is because these products may include some ingredients that may cause savior allergy, increasing your problem. Also, everyone has a different body type, so you must talk to your doctor for more details.
- Kidney stone: If you are one of those having a current kidney stone, then you must consult your doctor before taking these extracts.
- Sugar: As we all know, whether you take the chewable or liquid products of cranberries, it includes some added sugar. So, Cranberry extract can be highly dangerous for people suffering from diabetes, liver enlargement, or any other disease that needs to limit the sugar and other substances included in these extracts.
- Dentist: Talking to a dentist is also equally essential because these products may include some chemicals that can harm your teeth and cause serious issues.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding: Although it is very good for pregnant ladies, they should only take this when needed, and make sure to discuss the effects of these products with a doctor before taking them.
What Are Its Side Effects?
Everyone is familiar with the benefits of cranberry extracts, but taking them without consulting a doctor or pharmacist can cause several side effects. In some cases, these effects can be highly dangerous and can even take a life. Some most common side effects a person can face after consuming cranberry extracts are the following.
- Stomach or abdominal pain
- Serious allergic reactions, including rash and itching
- Breathing problem
What Are Its Benefits?
- Good for the heart – Cranberry extract is best for those suffering from heart disease. It increases the level of good HDL cholesterol and can reduce heart disease risk. So we suggest everyone consume cranberry juice on a regular basis.
- Reduce sugar level – Various researches tell us that cranberry extracts help in reducing the sugar level significantly. Therefore, everyone suffering from diabetes should consume these products.
- Healthy gums and teeth – Cranberries include some chemicals that fight the bacteria that adhere to the gums and teeth, making your gums and teeth stronger and healthier.
- Cancer protection – Several researchers are going on to find a straightforward medicine for cancer, but sill doctors are unsuccessful. However, some limited studies on test tubes and animals have shown that cranberries Vaccinium Macrocarpon may help in dealing with cancer.
Everyone should take cranberries Vaccinium Macrocarpon because they help boost immunity, but it is essential to consult a pharmacist before taking them. In addition, these herbs may have several side effects, so don’t forget to take precautions while consuming them.