Mankind has known about the beneficial properties of pomegranate since ancient times. Pomegranate is good for the human body because this plant is a real storehouse of valuable substances. Pomegranate contains vitamins P, C, B6, and B12, fruit acids, phytoncides, tannin, and a whole complex of mineral trace elements: silicon, iodine, calcium, manganese, potassium, iron, sodium, and others.
What is helpful for the face?
Pomegranate extract has a powerful antioxidant effect and reliably protects skin cells from destruction by free radicals, slowing down skin aging and signs of aging. Also, pomegranate extract improves the skin’s protective functions and reduces the damage caused to the skin by aggressive environmental factors. Organic Pomegranate extract protects the skin from toxins, which, due to poor ecology, enter the dermis from the outside. Also, pomegranate extract triggers the process of collagen production in skin cells, due to which it becomes noticeably more elastic and toned. In addition, this extract perfectly moisturizes and soothes the skin, so products with their content are most beneficial for dry and sensitive skin.
Pomegranate extract softens roughness on the skin, eliminates flaking and dry skin, and prevents dehydration for a long time. Also, pomegranate has a whitening effect and eliminates age spots, post-acne, and other elements of hyperpigmentation on the skin. Pomegranate extract significantly increases the effectiveness of sunscreen cosmetics, protecting the skin from the effects of ultraviolet radiation and, as a result, photoaging. And the vitamins and minerals contained in pomegranate extract nourish the skin, giving it a healthy and fresh glow. All these properties of pomegranate extract, as well as its low allergenicity, make this component indispensable for cosmetics for skin care of any type, but these products are especially recommended for dry and aging skin.
Pomegranate extract is effective in fighting wrinkles. In addition, the polyphenols contained in pomegranate bind free radicals, thereby preventing premature aging of the skin. The fruit’s active ingredients moisturize dry skin, soften it, and make it elastic. They relieve inflammation, have a mild exfoliating effect, and give the skin a healthy, attractive appearance.
What is good for the body?
Antioxidant smooths improve skin firmness and elasticity, stimulate collagen production, and reduce irritation.
What is good for hair?
Valuable pomegranate extract helps to protect the scalp and hair from excess moisture loss. Adding the section to masks, shampoos, and conditioners makes curls soft and shiny. Pomegranate nourishes and moisturizes hair. In addition, it is a natural UV filter. It is a source of vitamins A, B, C, and E and many minerals and nutrients such as silicon, iodine, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium, and potassium.
Effects and benefits:
- Reduces the action of 17-beta estradiol (reduces the impact of the enzyme 17-beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase); 17-beta estradiol plays a vital role in abnormal cell proliferation through its strong estrogenic effect
- Regulates the level of androgen hormones (reduces the action of the enzyme aromatase)
- Increase in antioxidant capacity: stimulates the action of antioxidant enzymes superoxide dismutase, catalase, glutathione peroxidase
- Stimulation of normal cell division:
- Reduces the abnormal division of virally infected cells and hormone-dependent / independent cells (regulates the action of cell cycle-controlling enzymes and estrogen-like 17-beta estradiol hormone)
- Anti-inflammatory: reduces the activity of pro-inflammatory factors (LOX5, COX2 enzymes, cytokine TNF-alpha, interleukin IL1b) in the joints, arteries, gums, prostate
- Reducing plaque formation and atherosclerotic lesions, improving the cardiac and cerebral flow
- Reduction of oxidation of low-density lipoproteins (LDL)
- Reducing the adhesion of LDL cholesterol to the vascular wall (stimulates the enzyme paraoxonase-1, which degrades oxidized LDL before adhering to the vascular wall)
- Improving the elasticity of vascular walls (vasodilation) and reducing platelet aggregation (antithrombotic effect, stimulates the synthesis of prostacyclin and nitric oxide)
- Blood pressure regulation (minimizes the action of the angiotensin-converting enzyme)
- Decrease fibrosis and keloid in skin scars maintain skin tone and muscle (stimulates the production of elastin and collagen)
- Lowering blood glucose:
- Reduces intestinal absorption of carbohydrates (reduces the enzyme alfa glucosidase) and increases insulin receptor sensitivity
- Protects pancreatic beta cells (reduces TNF-alpha involved in their destruction)
- Bodyweight reduction (reduces leptin and increases adiponectin)
- Supporting sexual function, reducing menopausal discomfort and menstrual disorders: balances estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone levels
Hope! It helped you.