Tribulus Terrestris is a plant used for hundreds of years in traditional Chinese medicine, ayurvedic medicine and also from the Mediterranean herbal medicine for its healing properties. It offers many advantages in terms of sexuality and male performance and is also very useful for women.
Tribulus Terrestris Extract became famous a few years ago after Eastern European Olympic athletes confessed to using it to improve their athletic performance. Today several studies have been conducted on this plant that shows the following benefits for women and men.
Benefits of Tribulus Terrestris for women
- Increases libido. One study found that sexual desire improved in 49 out of 50 female participants. Another recent study found that women taking Tribulus Terrestris Extract had a greater sex drive, excitement, and satisfaction than those who took the placebo. It can also stimulate androgen receptors in the brain, an action that can help the body respond positively to circulating hormones. A study has shown that it is very useful for menopausal women who have a low sex drive.
- Increase energy. Women are fundamental in society. The weaker sex? I do not think. They are mothers, wives, full-time workers, and housewives, but they are also human beings. Every human being is destined to experience fatigue at some point, both mentally and physically. Some research suggests that Tribulus can provide a greater sense of energy by increasing the amount of oxygen available to the cells. While this will not replace a good night’s sleep, it can provide a boost and greater resistance, which is what women most need.
- Stabilizes the mood. Mood swings and other ailments can be heavy, and many people rightly do not want to be prescribed drugs. Tribulus is an herb that can positively influence mood, stress, and anxiety. This can be useful for women who have to cope with multiple responsibilities or problems associated with PMS.
- Protects the urinary tract. As a diuretic, Tribulus can encourage the flow of urine, which promotes cleansing of the kidneys, bladder, liver, and urethra. Waste removal and cleaning action are attributed to increased urine production and renal support. Furthermore, the release of fluid can promote the elimination of toxins, which can have a dramatic impact on mood and energy.
- Candida. The active ingredients of Tribulus Terrestris Extract have an antifungal action that can be useful to resolve the pathogenic growth of Candida both in the intestine and in the vagina.
Benefits of Tribulus Terrestris for men
- Improve physical performance. In Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine, it has been used as a remedy for kidney failure, reproductive problems, and fatigue. Soviet men have treasured this herb by using it as a tonic for its ability to stimulate hormone production. Based on this effect, it has become a popular supplement for athletes. Still today it is used for its properties, and recent studies have validated its traditional properties, identifying the active compounds that provide positive benefits for men’s health. The researchers identified naturally occurring steroid compounds in Tribulus Terrestris Extract.
The molecules underlying the activity of the Tribulus extract (mainly contained in the leaves) are part of the class of steroidal saponins, of which the two types of glycosides of furostanol and spirostanol are the most representative. As a result, more production of luteinizing hormone (LH) is obtained, which in turn favors the body, especially Leydig cells in the testicles, to create more testosterone.
- Resolves sexual disorders. The success of Tribulus Terrestris Extract with regard to male problems has attracted the attention of Western medicine. In traditional medicine, Tribulus promotes male fertility, sexual response, urinary tract function, and libido. Some sources even attributed aphrodisiac powers to him. A recent study found that Tribulus Terrestris contributed to an increase in testosterone levels in men suffering from low testosterone levels. Another study showed superior results in sperm count rejuvenation. The researchers found that Tribulus Terrestris possesses adaptogenic qualities.
Although Tribulus Terrestris Extract rejuvenates sperm levels, it does not stimulate testosterone production beyond normal physiological levels. Normal testosterone levels contribute to a healthier libido, prostate health, fertility, and better sexual function. A very recent study has shown that it is also useful for solving erectile dysfunction in men.