Green tea extract drink have been gaining popularity in recent years due to their numerous health benefits. Made from the Camellia sinensis plant leaves, green tea is known for its high levels of antioxidants and polyphenols, which have been linked to a reduced risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease and cancer. This blog will take a closer look at green tea extract drinks and their benefits.
Green tea extract drinks are made by steeping the leaves of the green tea plant in water and extracting the beneficial compounds through various methods such as infusion, decoction, or extraction with solvents. The resulting liquid can then be combined with other ingredients to create a refreshing and healthy drink. Green tea extract drinks can come in many forms, including bottled tea, canned tea, powdered tea, and tea bags.
One of the most significant benefits of green tea extract drinks is their high concentration of antioxidants. Green tea contains a class of antioxidants called catechins, which have been shown to have numerous health benefits. These antioxidants may help reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer, and diabetes by protecting cells from oxidative damage and reducing inflammation in the body.
Some research documents on the antioxidant effect of green tea extracts：
- Mancini E, Beglinger C, Drewe J, Zanchi D. Green tea extract impairs glucose tolerance in mice fed a high-fat diet. Nutr Res. 2018 Sep;57:52-59. doi: 10.1016/j.nutres.2018.06.008. Epub 2018 Jul 7. PMID: 30173787.
- Kim J, Li Y, Li J, Liang Y, Jin X, Liu Y, Liang X, Li Y, Kang J, Li X, Kim D, Bae J. Effects of green tea extract on antioxidative and immunomodulatory activities in mice. J Med Food. 2017 Nov;20(11):1072-1079. doi: 10.1089/jmf.2017.3961. Epub 2017 Oct 27. PMID: 29072989.
- Zheng XX, Xu YL, Li SH, Hui R, Wu YJ, Huang XH. Green tea intake lowers fasting serum total and LDL cholesterol in adults: a meta-analysis of 14 randomized controlled trials. Am J Clin Nutr. 2011 Aug;94(2):601-10. doi: 10.3945/ajcn.110.010926. Epub 2011 Jun 29. PMID: 21715508.
In addition to their antioxidant properties, green tea extract drinks have also been linked to weight loss. Green tea extract contains compounds called polyphenols and caffeine that have been shown to increase the body’s metabolic rate and help burn fat. A study conducted by the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that drinking green tea extract for 12 weeks significantly decreased body weight, body mass index, and waist circumference.
Another benefit of green tea extract drinks is their ability to improve brain function. The caffeine in green tea extract can help improve cognitive function, including memory and reaction time. Furthermore, green tea extract contains an amino acid called L-theanine, which has been shown to increase alpha wave activity in the brain, leading to relaxation and improved mental clarity.
Green tea extract drinks also have a low-calorie content and are a great alternative to sugar-sweetened beverages. Many commercial green tea extract drinks are sweetened with natural sweeteners such as honey, stevia, or monk fruit, making them an excellent option for reducing sugar intake.
Chinese green tea extract beverage is ubiquitous in the market. The following are some standard products:
- Uni-Assam Green Tea: This is a beverage produced by Uni-President Group, one of the largest beverage manufacturers in China. It is made of high-quality Chinese green tea extract and water, with a fresh taste.
- Wanglaoji Green Tea: This drink is based on the Chinese herbal medicine Wanglaoji and added green tea extract. It not only has the health care effect of Wang Laoji but also has the fresh taste of green tea.
- Tea π green tea: This drink is produced by the Chinese tea brand Tea π. It uses high-quality green tea extract and tea powder with a pungent taste.
- Mengniu Green Tea Milk: This is a tea drink produced by the Mengniu Group. It mixes high-quality green tea extract with milk and has a rich taste.
- Yibao Green Tea: This is a green tea drink produced by the Chinese mineral water brand Yibao. It uses high-quality green tea extract and mineral water with a refreshing taste.
These green tea extract drinks are favored by consumers because they not only have the fresh taste of green tea but also have the health effect of green tea extract. Of course, when choosing drinks, we still need to pay attention to their sugar and caloric content. Drinking in moderation is the healthiest choice.
In conclusion, green tea extract drinks are a delicious and healthy way to incorporate the numerous benefits of green tea into your diet. With their high concentration of antioxidants, weight loss benefits, improved brain function, and low-calorie content, it’s no wonder they have become so popular. So the next time you’re looking for a refreshing drink, why not reach for a green tea extract drink and reap its many benefits?