EGCG, as a Green tea extract ingredient, has been growing in popularity as a dietary supplement due to its numerous health benefits. It is derived from the leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant, which is native to East Asia. Green tea extract is commonly used for its high concentration of polyphenols, compounds with antioxidant properties.
The following are the main ingredients found in green tea extract:
- Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) is the most abundant and active polyphenol in green tea extract. It has been shown to have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-cancer properties. EGCG is believed to be responsible for many health benefits of green tea extract.
- Caffeine: Green tea extract also contains caffeine, a natural stimulant. Caffeine can help improve focus and concentration and positively impact athletic performance.
- L-Theanine: This amino acid is found in green tea extract. L-Theanine has been shown to have a calming effect on the mind and body. It can help to reduce stress and anxiety, improve sleep quality, and promote relaxation.
- Polyphenols: Besides EGCG, green tea extract contains other polyphenols, such as catechins and flavonoids. These compounds have antioxidant properties, which means they can help protect cells from damage caused by free radicals.
- Vitamins and minerals: Green tea extract contains small amounts of vitamins and minerals, including vitamins C, E, and zinc. These nutrients are essential for overall health and well-being.
Qherb has EGCG content from 20%~98% HPLC. Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) is the most abundant and active polyphenol in green tea extract. It is believed to be responsible for many health benefits of green tea consumption. Due to its potential health benefits, EGCG is commonly used in various finished products. Here are some examples:
- Dietary supplements: EGCG is a popular ingredient in nutritional supplements. It is often marketed for its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer properties. EGCG supplements come in various forms, including capsules, tablets, and powders.
- Skincare products: EGCG has been shown to have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which make it a popular ingredient in skincare products. It can help to protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals and environmental stressors. EGCG is often used in serums, moisturizers, and facial masks.
- Hair care products: EGCG is also used in hair care products because it can stimulate hair growth and reduce hair loss. It is believed to help improve blood circulation to the scalp and provide nutrients to the hair follicles. EGCG is often found in shampoos and hair growth supplements.
- Functional foods and beverages: EGCG is commonly used in functional foods and beverages, such as energy drinks and weight loss products. It is often marketed for its ability to boost metabolism and energy.
It is important to note that the concentration of green tea extract ingredient can vary depending on the type used. Some supplements may also contain additional elements, such as fillers or binders, so reading the label carefully and choosing a reputable brand is essential. Green tea extract can be a beneficial supplement for those looking to improve their health and well-being.