Dandelion herb Extract
Latin Name: Herba Taraxaci
Botanical Source: Taraxacum Mongolicum Hand.-Mazz.; Taraxacumsinicum Kitag.
Part Used: Whole Herb
Active Ingredient: Flavones
Appearance: Yellow-brown fine powder
Extraction Solvent: Ethanol
1. Flavone 3%, 4%, 8%, 10%, 20% UV
2. Flavonoids 4%, 10% UV
3. Taraxasterols 1%-20%
1. It is a general stimulant to the system, but especially to the urinary organs, and is chiefly used in kidney and liver disorders.
2. In folk medicine, Dandelion is also used as a remedy for hemorrhoids, gout, rheumatism, eczema, other skin conditions, and diabetes.
3. Its effectiveness for these problems has not, however, been verified.
4. In Asian medicine, dandelion is used to treat chronic ulcers, stiff joints, and tuberculosis.
5. It is also used to induce milk production in nursing mothers and to soothe inflamed breast tissue.