Latin Name: Herba Taraxaci
Botanical Source: Taraxacum mongolicum Hand.-Mazz.; Taraxacumsinicum Kitag.
Part Used: Whole Herb
Active Ingredient: Flavones
Appearance: Yellow brown fine powder
Extraction Solvent: Ethanol
- Flavone 3%, 4%, 8%, 10%, 20% UV
- Flavonoids 4%, 10% UV
- Taraxasterols 1%-20%
- It is a general stimulant to the system, but especially to the urinary organs, and is chiefly used in kidney and liver disorders.
- In folk medicine, Dandelion is also used as aremedy for hemorrhoids, gout, rheumatism,eczema, other skin conditions, and diabetes.
- Its effectiveness for these problems has not,however, been verified.
- In Asian medicine, dandelion is used to treat chronic ulcers, stiff joints, and tuberculosis.
- It is also used to induce milk production in nursing mothers and to soothe inflamed breast tissue.